Shawn Mendes postpones tour ‘until further notice’ over mental health issues: ‘The pressure has caught up to me’

Shawn Mendes announced that he is canceling the remaining shows on his tour due to mental health issues.

Shawn Mendes is taking a break from the road to take care of his mental health.

On Friday, the “Treat You Better” singer wrote a note to Instagram, explaining that he would be canceling the rest of his dates. Wonder World tour.

The 23-year-old shared, “It breaks my heart to say this, but unfortunately I am going to have to postpone the next three weeks of shows via Uncasville, CT until further notice.”

“I have been touring since I was 15 and to be honest it has always been difficult to be on the road away from friends and family.

After a few years off the road, I felt like I was ready to dive back in, but that decision It was premature and unfortunately the road toll and pressure took hold of me and I hit a breaking point.

He said that the decision has come after talking to the professionals about his health.

“I need to take some time off to heal and take care of myself and my mental health first and foremost,” he wrote. “As soon as there are more updates, I promise to tell you about my love.”

mendes recently About his mental health struggle. In April, he About feeling like he’s “flying or sinking” at any given moment, and questioned whether his 20s felt the same way.

“The truth is, even with so much success, I still find it hard to feel like I’m not failing, over-focused on what I don’t have, forgetting to look at what I do

 he continued. kept. “The truth is I’m overwhelmed and over-stimulated LOL. The truth is I’m fine too.”

Mendes has previously talked about coping with mental health challenges. In 2018, he joined Apple Music’s Zen Lowe. told ,

Read Full  Story